Hello everyone, black-led venture capital funds are on the rise even though according to a 2018 study by Equity Ventures, only 3% of Venture Capitalists are Black. On top of that, black founders consistently lack access to capital. The average Black entrepreneur starts a business with around $35,000 in the capital white entrepreneur receives around $107,000 in comparison.
Those numbers are beyond disappointing but that is the era we are currently in so we have to adapt and make strategic changes that will benefit our black entrepreneurs in the future. With that said, we have collected some of the best and most trustworthy black-owned and black-led venture firms that are willing to fund your black business, take a quick look at this list and go ahead and contact them with your idea, they might just like it. With that said, if you are based in Europe, you might want to check out some startups by European black founders.
What are Venture Capital funds?
- Venture capital firms or funds invest in early-stage companies in exchange for equity, or an ownership stake. Venture capitalists take on the risk of financing risky start-ups in the hopes that some of the firms they support will eventually become successful.
We will continually update this list each month. If you’d like to suggest a black-owned venture firm, please send it to [email protected]
List of black-led venture capital firms
Mac Venture Capital
MaC Venture Capital is a black-owned seed-stage venture capital firm that invests in technology startups leveraging shifts in cultural trends and behaviors.
- MaC Venture Capital Website: https://macventurecapital.com/
- MaC Venture Capital Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/macventurecap/
- MaC Venture Capital Twitter: https://twitter.com/MaCVentureCap
Collab Capital was built to invest financial, human, and network capital to effectively support, grow, and sustain black-owned innovative businesses.
- Collab Capital Website: https://collab.capital/
- Collab Capital Instagram: https://instagram.com/collab.capital
- Collab Capital Twitter: https://twitter.com/collab_capital
Fearless Fund invests in black women led businesses seeking pre-seed, seed level or series A financing. Our mission is to bridge the gap in venture capital funding for women of color founders building scalable, growth aggressive companies. Fearless Fund is built by women of color for women of color.
- Fearless Fund Website: https://www.fearless.fund/
- Fearless Fund Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fearless-Fund-107083084472881/
- Fearless Fund Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fearless.fund/
- Fearless Fund Twitter: https://twitter.com/fearlessfund
Harlem Capital is a black-owned venture capital firm on a mission to change the face of entrepreneurship by investing in 1,000 diverse founders over 20 years.
- Harlem Capital Website: https://harlem.capital/
- Harlem Capital Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harlemcapital/
- Harlem Capital Twitter: https://twitter.com/harlemcapital
Founders First Capital Partners
Founders First Capital Partners is a black-owned firm that is building a comprehensive ecosystem through its proprietary platform to empower underrepresented founders to become leading premium wage job creators within their communities.
- Founders First Capital Partners Website: https://foundersfirstcapitalpartners.com/
- Founders First Capital Partners Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/f1stcp/
- Founders First Capital Partners Twitter: https://twitter.com/f1stcp
Include Ventures is a black-owned firm with a strategy delivered through a Fund of Funds and a direct investment vehicle.
- Include Ventures Website: https://www.includeventures.com/
This is just a small list of some of the many black-led venture firms out there, we will be adding many more on this post, so make sure you to bookmark it.
Please leave a reply, your thoughts are always appreciated